Top Ten Thursday - Mother's Day



Welcome back to Top Ten Thursday!



Today let's list the top ten things a Mom and / or significant other wants on the other 364 days of the year that make her life easier. 


Guys, I'm sorry. This part-time working hockey mom has been super busy all week, and I have to drop off Colin at his meeting spot for boy scouts camp in less than an hour. I post this in order for the linky tool to be available should you be ready to publish and link up.

I'll deliver my own post ASAP during the day, thanks for your patience!

OK, here I am. My heart was a bit heavy saying goodbye to my youngster who bravely marched off in the light rain with his friends. 


We'll pick him up Mother's Day at 3pm, so let's get on to our subject. Here's how I feel about Mother's Day:


As if it weren't enough to have to clean up after them on any other day that wasn't preceded by a "day off" for me. So here's my list:


  1. We have two laundry hampers. One for hot loads, one for warm ones. This has been going on for a while now. Colin knows what goes where. It'd be nice if I didn't have to remind hubby every single time. It can't be too late to teach an old-ish dog a few tricks, right?
  2. I don't eat cereal, so I won't notice that the box is almost empty if you just put it back and only complain once everything is gone. Same goes for the milk. So tell me I need to restock. One would think that it's important not to run out of those staples. 
  3. Unpacking a gym bag includes hanging the towel to dry and airing the sneakers (and why the h*** would you put them on the dining table?)
  4. Keep track of your sh**. How should I know where your INSERT ITEM is?
  5. The notes the teacher gives you are meant for me to read. They may include relevant info like you got a half day off or you need to go to school in gym clothes for this special orienteering event. Or bring your bicycle for your bicycle riding test.
  6. Same goes for birthday party invitations. Hand them to me, I need the date so I can make arrangements with my mom, daycare, your hockey coach, who ever is concerned by the disruption of your routine. Plus I need to shop for a birthday gift.
  7. Back in the days when hubby had a little time on his hands he built a recycling station that includes sections for PET bottles, plastic bottles (not the same thing) carton, coffee capsules, you name it. Now if only he'd use them accordingly. The other day I found an egg carton among the bottles.
  8. I appreciate you loading the dishwasher (even though I typically don't fully approve on how it's been done), and I'd appreciate it even more if you'd actually start it. Nothing doesn't say good morning like a dishwasher full of dirty and smelly dishes. Especially if I need something that is in there.
  9. Letters and packets from the mailbox don't belong into the kitchen. Same goes for sports equipment and electronic gadgets. If / when I'm cooking I need my space.
  10. We have hangers and knobs in our entrance area. They're meant to hang your jacket. It works, I promise!

I can't even imagine what it must be like to look after a bunch of kids. 

What's on your list? Let me know down below in the comments or link up your own post.


The theme for May 17 is Circus: don't overthink, what are ten things that come to your mind when you hear "Circus"? Sign up here.


May 24 it's time for another Photo Scavenger Hunt. Here are ten things to take pictures of; sign up here:
  1. Yin and Yang
  2. Outdoor Art
  3. Bus Terminal
  4. Heart
  5. Pink Blooms
  6. Clock Face
  7. Mexican Food
  8. Vintage
  9. Black
  10. Shoes




Comments