May Secret Subject Swap - Cookies' Destiny

Welcome to May's Secret Subject Swap. Again 12 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.



My subject is 
             
You walk into the kitchen, and the cookies are walking around on the counter...


It was submitted by Spatulas on Parade thank you, Dawn!


If you have been following me this year, you know how unlikely cookies can be found in my kitchen. And yet, on that specific day, they were there, pacing back and forth.

"What are you guys doing here?" I demanded to know.
"You know bloody well you're supposed to leave me alone! One of you packs about 50 calories!"

"Oh, don't you worry. We're not that kind of cookies, we are web cookies! The ones that help your browser remember your name, password and stuff!"

I wasn't convinced. They looked an awful lot like regular bear claw cookies.

Also, even if they were HTTP cookies as they claimed, they were still bothering me, jumping up and down on my kitchen counter. What if they were evil tracking cookies? The ones that spy on my preferences and tell everything to retailers who will then bombard me with ads product suggestions?

To make matters worse, they might be zombie cookies! They automatically recreate themselves after being deleted! 

I had a plan, though. 

Pretending to unload the dishwasher and putting my plates away, I grabbed a rolling pin and hid it on a chair. Then I opened a ziploc bag, and when the cookies were busy chatting and giggling, I pulled the bag over them, shoved them all in and zipped it shut. 

"Ha, caught you guys! Now I need to make sure you disappear from here, and I might just know how!"

It was Earth Day, and I had been slacking off on that holiday for the past few years, so it was time to make up for it.

I pulled out this recipe




and started to tweak it... Substitute most of the butter with applesauce, use less sugar, instead go for more dark chocolate...





After baking them for about 20 minutes at 180°C (=350°F) I got some wonderfully moist and fluffy chocolate muffins:




I felt a little bad but I crushed up those cookies in the bag:



Frosted the cakes with crunchy hazelnut spread



and coated them with cookie crumbs



Oohps!



To make sure Colin and his friends who were playing outside would actually give those dirt cakes a try, I decorated them with marzipan veggies:



I thought they were adorable!



To take it a step further I also made some with gummy worms creeping out



And this, my friends, shut up those cookies for good! Now please go and check out the other blogger's posts!

Comments