Use your Words - Hoodies, Jerseys & PJs

Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once, and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.

My words are: 
 
toddler ~ cotton ~ yellow ~ invisible ~ box

They were submitted by Stacy sews and schools - thank you, Stacy!

My first impulse was to take you and your favorite toddler to the county fair to ride the merry-go-round and share some yellow cotton candy. But then we would need to get in line at the only port-a-potty on the premises, take the toothbrush from the travel vanity box and make sure we brush away all those invisible cavity bugs. Role model and all. Kind of a killjoy, don't you think?

You can smell it, can't you..?
Instead let me tell you about one of my favorite clothing items ever. It is a yellow cotton hoodie I purchased just across the street from the Alcatraz ticket booths. I have been to San Francisco a number of times, but never "over there". 



In 2010, when Colin was a toddler, we decided we needed to cross this tourist attraction off the list. It was a warm September day, almost hot, when we stood in line to board the ferry. We were handed an audio tour set from the big box at the entrance, and so we guided ourselves through the various points of interest on the island, and especially the former prison. We saw Al Capone's cell and everything. Then the voice on the earphones told us to step out to the terrace where the view to Downtown San Francisco was supposed to be breathtaking - only we saw… nothing! Nothing but fog, that is. The shore was completely invisible. It was like someone had drawn the curtain. It had gotten freezing cold, too. That's where the hoodie came in as soon as we arrived back at the pier. 


Clothes that are comfy plus connected to nice memories are the best! Come to think of it, there was another sweater I bought at the Fishermen's Wharf area a couple of years prior to that trip. As incredibly beautiful San Francisco is, the sudden onset of fog and chilliness is a bitch.
 
This is what it looks like on a nice, clear day
Before I move on I would like to share this cute video of toddler Colin when he stated (in Swiss German) that the wheelchair / stroller ramp doesn't work out quite as well as the playground slide:
 




On another note, there is a yellow piece of clothing I would love to have! It is not made from cotton, though, which is a bit of a downer because I don't like to wear polyester, but hey, it is a special item! What am I talking about? 

A Nashville Predators # 59 jersey! 
On our road trip last summer it was too late into the season to catch a game at the Bridgestone Arena because they didn't make it to the playoffs, but as soon as we got home, we had the opportunity to visit Roman Josi and  some other Swiss NHL players during their summer training camp.  

 
Yes, he's my celebrity crush! Can you blame me?
These days I have to follow him and the guys via Penalty Box Radio and I could wear Preds PJs if I had some - they come with an invisible single button fly. There's toddler sizes, too. Just thought I should mention it. Using my words and all!





Interestingly, after a recent game vs the Ducks, Roman took a day trip to SF! On the photo he posted from Pier 39 he was wearing a white T-Shirt. But who knows, maybe later in the day he needed a yellow cotton hoodie as well?



Now I'm on a roll! All that googling for yellow cotton jerseys and hoodies directed my attention to the Delta National Wildlife Refuge in Louisiana - it's where four years ago a Chevron pipeline leaked thousands of gallons of crude oil.  A 2.5 hours'  drive from New Orleans along the Mississippi river, one of the bays is called… guess… Yellow Cotton Bay! If you like birds and animals living in and around the water, you've got to go there! 
I know I want to!





Now I want to thank you for your patience - please go check out what words the other bloggers got and what they did with them:



Baking In A Tornado 
Follow me home . . .       
Stacy Sews and Schools  
Outmanned Mommy
Someone else's Genius   
Confessions of a part time working mom  
The Momisodes
Impoverished Vegan   
Spatulas on Parade                 
Battered Hope      
Evil Joy Speaks  
Juicebox Confession            
                   
                                     

Comments